Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgt522

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Do you all know of any wired burglar systems (including panel, motion sensor, and door sensor) that is compatible with Homekit? I'm having trouble finding one.

Thank you in advanced.

robnbill

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Northern VA - Fairfax Area
Honeywell has a HomeKit compatible panel. A friend of mine had his Lyric panel updated (via software) to a HK compatible unit. He can even see the status of his old window sensors thru Home. I'm assuming thru the Lyric (pretty sure it's Lyric) panel acting as a hub - much like Lutron has a hub.

He really likes it - says it works well. I believe it uses all wireless sensors. If I can get the model number I'll send it to you.

robnbill

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Northern VA - Fairfax Area
Honeywell has a HomeKit compatible panel. A friend of mine had his Lyric panel updated (via software) to a HK compatible unit. He can even see the status of his old window sensors thru Home. I'm assuming thru the Lyric (pretty sure it's Lyric) panel acting as a hub - much like Lutron has a hub.

He really likes it - says it works well. I believe it uses all wireless sensors. If I can get the model number I'll send it to you.

Addendum: You did say wired. The Honeywell panel has an add-on board that allows wired sensors to be brought into the system. I think it's limited to nine zones. You could check with an alarm installer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.