Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2021
Still holding on to wired earbuds for various reasons - am I the only one? Figured since I need to buy usb c ones for the 15P I would see how the Apple ones compare to some of the other brands. I generally am ok with the Apple ones though had to replace them 2-3 times a year, and they weren't the most comfortable; but didn't bother me enough to change.

Anyone use ones they love and/or can suggest something other than these? Need earbuds (no noise cancelling/blocking) as I use them when walking in a busy town and have to maintain some awareness of traffic, etc.

MTJY3.jpg

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You may be the last of a dying breed!

If you decide to ditch the wire, try the AirPods Pro. There's a "Transparency" mode where the AirPods mics pick up sound from around you and mix it into the audio. You'll hear better with that than with any earbuds. Plus you have the option for full "Noise Cancellation" which is great when mowing the lawn, blowing leaves, etc.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
If you decide to ditch the wire, try the AirPods Pro. There's a "Transparency" mode where the AirPods mics pick up sound from around you and mix it into the audio. You'll hear better with that than with any earbuds. Plus you have the option for full "Noise Cancellation" which is great when mowing the lawn, blowing leaves, etc.
They also added an adaptive smart mode that will change between the two of these based on context in iOS 17. Personally I just use the normal AirPods 3 because I hate silicone tips.

I just use the official apple wired headphones when I need a backup pair from the AirPods for whatever reason so I'm not much help here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.