Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
How do I get to it? PBfixit.com says its behind a little door inside the battery compartment. That door isn't there. Do I have to take the logic board off?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
xFU3Lx said:
Aluminum. And I got it last May, so its whatever Revision that is.

So when you turn the machine upside down (with it facing you as normal) and take the battery our there is not a little door exposed facing you? Are there instructions printed under where the battery is?

It should look like this with the door open (sorry about the quality, camera phone and max file size here)

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 166

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
robbieduncan said:
So when you turn the machine upside down (with it facing you as normal) and take the battery our there is not a little door exposed facing you? Are there instructions printed under where the battery is?

It should look like this with the door open (sorry about the quality, camera phone and max file size here)
Absolutely no door. I was like WTF? when I opened it up and saw nothing.:mad:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
xFU3Lx said:
Absolutely no door. I was like WTF? when I opened it up and saw nothing.:mad:

Although it's over a year old I would speak to Apple as this would appear to be a manufacturing defect.

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
robbieduncan said:
Although it's over a year old I would speak to Apple as this would appear to be a manufacturing defect.
I'll prolly end up doin that.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I thought that, at some point when AE and BT became standard features, there stopped being a "card" that was removable from the computer.... I don't think current iBooks or PBs even *have* externally accessible wireless cards. But I could be wrong about that.

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
someguy said:
Manufacturing defect? :rolleyes:

No door in my Rev D. 15" PB.
Ok, thats good news. Do you know what I need to take off to get to the card?

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
xFU3Lx said:
Ok, thats good news. Do you know what I need to take off to get to the card?
Wish I could say that I did, but from looking at it, I could only guess that it'd be a fairly extensive procedure. Have you searched Google?

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

looking at it are you sure there is a airport card installed check sysytem profiller i think its not there !!

also if there is one it should just be open flap pull cord attched to ther card and press in it should click out

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
I finally got to it last night. Thanks for the advice guys. I took off the keyboard and trackpad piece, took off the left speaker assembly, and then the airport card cage, and my airport extreme card was underneath it. I took it out and found some pretty nasty corrosion on it. Put it back together, booted up.

She works!!!!!!!!!!!:D

For those who didn't catch it, I found my powerbook in a puddle of water one morning on my desk.:( Someone I know had an Ibook that would turn on like mine did but not boot up when his airport card wasnt in perfectly, so he said I should try taking the card out. It works! The keyboard on the other hand is fried. I need a new one.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.