Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROSeaboyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2020
I'm looking for a wireless charging 3-in-1 dock that can handle fast charging for the Apple Watch Series 7 while, at the same time, not limit the phone to a model that has MagSafe (I've got a perfectly fine iPhone 11 that I have no real need to upgrade yet). Does such a dock exist, or am I kinda screwed until I upgrade my phone to a MagSafe-supported model?

I've been searching for a while, and the only model that seems to support it is a Belkin 3-in-1 that, when looking into the comments on it, only supports MagSafe phones.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
Belkin is the only third party solution with the fast charging Apple Watch puck for now. That said, if you buy the 3-in-1 Belkin mat, you can still put your iPhone on the MagSafe puck, as it is still a regular Qi charger and will charge your iPhone just fine

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Check out these from Elago (can also find them on Amazon). With these, you pop in your own Apple MagSafe chargers for the phone and Apple Watch. Apple's MagSafe charger is compatible and works with older phones that support wireless charging. As long as you can lay your phone flat, it should be good (since it won't stick to it with the magnets).

One potential downside is that you have a cable for each device instead of an integrated one, but I like that it uses Apple's official chargers.

Reactions: iStorm

ROSeaboyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2020
Belkin is the only third party solution with the fast charging Apple Watch puck for now. That said, if you buy the 3-in-1 Belkin mat, you can still put your iPhone on the MagSafe puck, as it is still a regular Qi charger and will charge your iPhone just fine
I thought they said you couldn't, but it might just be them saying "untested" about it.

Although, seeing it on the Apple site and the 11 showing up as compatible is a major sigh of relief on that front

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I thought they said you couldn't, but it might just be them saying "untested" about it.

Although, seeing it on the Apple site and the 11 showing up as compatible is a major sigh of relief on that front
Yeah, it’s designed specifically for MagSafe iPhones (12/13), but the magsafe puck works with any Qi compatible device, you just get a slower charging pace (5W I think), so it will work fine. I have this charger and it‘s a very nice 3-in-1, well built, and the fast charging for AW is very convenient.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Check out these from Elago (can also find them on Amazon). With these, you pop in your own Apple MagSafe chargers for the phone and Apple Watch. Apple's MagSafe charger is compatible and works with older phones that support wireless charging. As long as you can lay your phone flat, it should be good (since it won't stick to it with the magnets).

One potential downside is that you have a cable for each device instead of an integrated one, but I like that it uses Apple's official chargers.
I also have one from elago, and am sure glad I had it when the Apple Watch 7 came out. All I had to do was just swap the puck with the new fast charging one, instead of buying a whole new 3-in-1 or sticking with the slow charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.