Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarbake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Starting a couple of days ago, when i try to connect to my schools wireless network, my MacBook says I'm connected but when i try to access a webpage, it says it cannot be displayed. I'm pretty new to Macs, is there something I can do to troubleshoot the problem. No one else seems to be having the problem so I dont think it has to do with the network.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Having had that same experience...

it probably is your Network. Anything from your being out of range, or not having your connection "username" or "password" established. Also, some college/university wireless requires that your password NOT begin with a number, such as "1macbook" you can try "macbook1" but never a number first. Get in touch with your IT people on campus and bring your MB. :cool:

jarbake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
It's an open network, no passwords. Also, it has always worked before, it just started happening about a week ago. It shows I have connection when I open up the Internet Connect thing, but when I open my browser it says Page Cannot be displayed.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Definitely...

It's an open network, no passwords. Also, it has always worked before, it just started happening about a week ago. It shows I have connection when I open up the Internet Connect thing, but when I open my browser it says Page Cannot be displayed.

make contact with your IT people at the college/university. Sometimes their systems get updated and if that's the case, they can walk you through it over the phone or stop-by their office. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.