Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knicksfan58

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
i just ordered the 17" powerbook and am looking for a good wireless mouse for gaming. i also don't want the price to be over 50-60 dollars.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
try the logitech mx700 mouse - i've read nothing but good reviews about that one. i have the wired version (mx500) and like it alot (i use it for gaming). i have the apple wireless mouse for just regular usage.

look here for an overview: http://www.macworld.com/2004/02/reviews/wirelessinputdevices/

also, i'm sure the wireless mouse topic has been covered here in detail quite a bit - do a forum search and i'm sure you'll find more info.

marianne

Hydra

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Finland
Logitech MX900 of course, it uses bluetooth so you can use it even without the docking station. (It comes with a docking station which also can be used to recharge the bundled batteries)

And I heard you can use some utility called game companion to map all the buttons on that mouse to whatever you want to.

Logitech MX500 is a wired version
Logitech MX510 is a wired version with slightly increased accurary
Logitech MX700 is a wireless (rf) version
Logitech MX900 is a wireless (bt) version

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
Bluetooth mouse

I love my new little - and mean little BT500 Bluetooth mouse from RadTech - came in at about $70 with tax and shipping. Same size as my Motorola V60 cell phone -

knicksfan58

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
what about the macmice mouse, "the mouse." they're coming out with a bluetooth version soon. i know its not optimal for gaming, but has anyone used it?

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
MacMice is garbage. They've been hinting at BT for months.
I emailed their Prez and he says not until late June (all the way from late April).

I've been waiting forever for the BT junior Mouse from Macally. I think the latter, though, is worth it.

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
I love my Apple BT Mouse! It's so awesome. It's great for games like WarCraft, Age of Mythology, etc.

However, if you want to play games like UT2004 and Halo, I wold advise getting a Logitech or Microsoft mouse. Microsoft's only good products are their mice. Logitech, however, is much more popular. Look for the one that's on sale.

encephalon

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
I'm going to agree with the recommendation of the Logitech MX series. I've had a MX700 for about a year and absolutely love it. Performance and battery life is good and recharging is as easy as putting it on the station over night. Definitely a solid choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.