Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
Please please please Apple give us a wireless mighty mouse!!

What you guys think the chances are of that happening?

Also, why can you not select Mighty Mouse on the customise part of buying a Mac from the website?

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
JasonGough said:
Also, why can you not select Mighty Mouse on the customise part of buying a Mac from the website?

That's a good point, maybe Apple are waiting to make the Mighty Mouse standard. Which will then require a bluetooth version.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I didn't have good luck with Apple's wireless mouse. Very jumpy, not at all good for my Photoshop work. Maybe I had a bum unit.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
iGary said:
I didn't have good luck with Apple's wireless mouse. Very jumpy, not at all good for my Photoshop work. Maybe I had a bum unit.

You probably did have a bad one...
My wireless mouse is absolutely perfect! All smooth and perfect.
Heck, I even used it on my leg, and it still did its thing correctly. :p

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGary said:
Perhaps you might consider switching to decaf? ;)

Euan

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2005
UK
I've heard the BT mouse loves batteries.... would the Mighty Mouse drain even more?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Euan said:
I've heard the BT mouse loves batteries.... would the Mighty Mouse drain even more?

I purchased my bluetooth mouse the day it came out, and have only replaced the battery five times.

It's a decent mouse. Mine works on my leg also, however it doesn't have the precision needed for photoshop work. :(

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Dare I say it, the one thing I'd love to see right now is a laser mouse from apple, not an optical with LED, no... a laser one. If Logitech can do it, Apple certainly can, and I'm not buying another Apple mouse until that sensor gets way better, because even the one on my MX700 is considerably more sensitive.

Having said that, I don't care if it's 1 button or 10, seriously, I just want a good mouse.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Wireless Mighty Mouse won't happen until the sales of the regular Mighty Mouse have pretty much died. The Mighty Mouse is still a bit of a novelty and releasing a wireless version will kill all wired sales. Come on people, it's all about the marketing. :p

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
HAHA are you trying to say they want all the bluetooth mice owners to give up on the thought there will be a bluetooth mighty mouse and just get the regular one?

That actually sounds quite plausible :D then once they've bought the mighty mouse, bam out comes the bluetooth one!

Gah, one thing apple needs to fix with bluetooth though, is in the "connected devices" screen, have a FRICKEN *connect* button so that you can select a recent item and force the computer to try and connect it! I hate that one, either you have to wait for some voodoo magic and the computer to automatically detect a mouse, or you have to set up a whole new mouse and go through the stupid wizard again.. very MS-like!

Shame on apple for the BT wizard, actually.. that thing is WAY too MS-like.

Alasta

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
Wellington, New Zealand
There appears to be huge demand for a bluetooth Mighty Mouse and, of course, Apple knows their market. I'm pretty confident that this product will be released very soon, and Paris seems pretty likely.

I'll definitely be buying one as soon as they are available.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I don't see the point in having a Mac laptop with built in bluetooth and having a usb mouse attached to it. Obviously Apple's market with the Mighty Mouse are desktop users or the gullible.

If a BT version comes out I'll buy it, but they can keep the usb Mighty Mouse.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
May be BT Mighty mouse and more........

Seeing as the announcement of the Nano caught most people by surprise I would say that Apple could easily surprise everybody again in Paris. So a BT Mighty Mouse is possible, and it wouldn't knock sales of the usb version - desktop users still need a mouse, and can save a bit by going for the wired version.
It would be nice for Apple to surprise us all again in Paris - maybe by releasing the first Intel Mac early (I'm waiting for an Intel Mac mini..........)
I'm sure that Apple are going to push the Intel machines out as soon as they can. After all, they've already got one model up and running.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
It looks like it was made from the beginning as a wireless mouse, because it has so much free space within the USB mouse. I think they are probably just tweaking the battery and LED light to get better performance and battery life. Definetly Paris! Hopefully without Powerbooks, because seeing new ones would just crush me. Just bought one.

Eluon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
yea, the only reason i haven't bought one yet is because i like the bluetooth option. I have a cheap logitech wireless usb mouse that I don't care for too much but it gets the job done. When apple releases a better bluetooth mouse I'll be sure to swipe the card.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Chef Medeski said:
It looks like it was made from the beginning as a wireless mouse, because it has so much free space within the USB mouse. I think they are probably just tweaking the battery and LED light to get better performance and battery life. Definetly Paris! Hopefully without Powerbooks, because seeing new ones would just crush me. Just bought one.

hmmm, this is the first real evidence I have heard about the possibility of a BT MM. Would love one also, but I'm sure Apple will wait until sometime next year in order to get the most upgrade sales.

JasonGough

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Manchester, UK
Jay42 said:
hmmm, this is the first real evidence I have heard about the possibility of a BT MM. Would love one also, but I'm sure Apple will wait until sometime next year in order to get the most upgrade sales.

its stupid that they released a wired version in the 1st place. if there is room inside the MM for bluetooth transmiter and stuff, they should have just brought it out with bluetooth.

realy don't like it when companies try to get everyone to buy a downgraded version before bringing out the original idea.

its what every company did with DVD recorders aswell, they were available when DVD players caught the public eye, just not released til everyone had a player. makes me angry! :mad:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
It was easier and more important to get the wired version out the door first.

There are more regulatory hurdles that need to be cleared once a radio transmitter is included. Also, serious users need the responsiveness and accuracy that Bluetooth doesn't offer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.