Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
I just bought my daughter a ibook and she loves it. I have a PC with wireless router hooked to it and the ibook picked it up right away and she was on the net. Here is my question...how can I make it so that she can use the printer that is hooked up to my PC (Canon MP390) over the the wireless network?

Any help would be great.

deelerious

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2005
volntitan said:
I just bought my daughter a ibook and she loves it. I have a PC with wireless router hooked to it and the ibook picked it up right away and she was on the net. Here is my question...how can I make it so that she can use the printer that is hooked up to my PC (Canon MP390) over the the wireless network?

Any help would be great.

Enable sharing of the printer on the PC and then add it on the iBook as a Windows printer.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Do I have to load any kind of driver on the Mac for the Canon Printer?

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
Unlikely if the iBook came with OS X 10.4 installed on it (probably not necessary even if it has Panther). The default installation of Tiger provides printer drivers for many manufacturers and I have not had to load any manually to my PowerBook. For example, I have a Canon i850 at home and Tiger detected the make/model of the printer automatically so I didn't need to do anything much at all. I am not sure if a special driver is needed for printing via a PC (I'm thinking not) but you should be OK.

deelerious

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2005
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.