Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winty03

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Afternoon guys, I was searching for some help/insight in to setting up wireless printing via the Time Capsule. My current setup....is a Brother 2820 Laser/Fax connected USB to my time capsule. Its been working fine for 2 3 years now. I was wanting to seperate them, but still be able to print. Wanted to keep the TC where its located and move the Brother into another spot in the house. What are my options to get or keep the wireless printing.

The Brother only has a usb for connection...no ethernet port.

Would I just need an AirPort Express plugged into wall outlet and the USB from printer into the AirPort Express?

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
That would be the simplest solution, yes. Especially since you've already had success in getting printing to work with your Time Capsule. There are other devices you can purchase that may work also, but they'll probably cost around the same - if not more than - an Express, not to mention they may not work as well either.

winty03

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Appreciate the quick response...ya I thought it would be the best most straight-forward way. I was going to get some random print servers...but I think I will stay with Apple and get the express since I have had NO problems at all, just changing up the desk/work area and going to remove and move the printer....thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.