Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a case on my AirPods Pro charging case. I haven’t gotten a MagSafe charger yet so I haven’t done this before but will wireless charging work through the case or will I have to take it off every time? I’m thinking of finally ordering the MagSafe charger because I finally bought a MagSafe compatible case for my phone but I’m wondering about the AirPods.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a silicone case on my case. Wireless charging with Apple's puck still works.
Mine isn’t silicone, it’s kind of a fake leather material. Oh well, I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon last night, I’ll find out later today if it works!

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I just realized that I had a typo in the title of this thread. I really wish there was a way to edit that! Ugh!

As for the AirPods charging while in my case, it's working like a charm! Psyched to just be able to put my AirPods or phone on this instead of messing around with a lightening cable. Now I wish I would have ordered one of these charges as soon as they came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.