Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lesimac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
I was curious if its just me.
I am sick of software blowout. IOS long ago became full of Apps and features i don't need, want or use, Back in 2008 i moved to Apple because it just worked. It has long since lost that. it was the first phone i didn't need a manual for cause it was intuitive.

I stick with Apple cause of the lack of an alternative particularly the eco system.

But i long for the simple days, what i need in a phone is:

1) To make calls from an address book.
2) Read email.
3) Take good Photos.
4) RF Payments.
5) Calendar.
6) VPN for security
7) Basic internet access 4g Plenty fast enough.
8) Good screen

Then just load apps as required.

my IP15p does all this and carries a ton of apps and os rubbish i don't need. ok i can delete icons but there must be 2gb of code i just don't need and simple done well will always be quicker and more reliable.

i want the phone to look good feel good premium. but with out all the excess.

Why can't this be the starting place for setup. then add what you want after. Ah i forgot Apple knows what i want, i don't.
To me this is just Apple trying to justify the price. look how needlessly complex it is.

Maybe i am just getting old

• Haha
Reactions: cateye

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
So in a nutshell you’re asking why a manufacturer dares to include the use cases of other folks for a multifunctional product instead of focusing just on your liking. How dare they add extras that only others will need?

I’m guessing they’re attempting to hit a sweet spot where others have a good base layer of functionality right from the start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.