Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
It seems with all the attempts from Apple to stop all iPhone 5 leaks and still we have photos of almost every part of it prior to a Sept 12 announcement, I wonder why Samsung is able to stop any photos of any parts from the Note 2 from leaking, even though the announcement is tomorrow?

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Galaxy Note II=who gives a crap

Next iPhone=every one and their dog wants it yesterday ;)

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
More people looking means more likely to be found. Do you know of anyone who cares about the Galaxy Note 2?

I can rattle off 15 people off the top of my head who are waiting for the new iPhone. Can't think of one who would be eagerly waiting on the announcement of the note 2. Lol

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
It seems with all the attempts from Apple to stop all iPhone 5 leaks and still we have photos of almost every part of it prior to a Sept 12 announcement, I wonder why Samsung is able to stop any photos of any parts from the Note 2 from leaking, even though the announcement is tomorrow?

there have been leaks (although not at the rate of the new iPhone). You're just not looking at the right sites.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Its about demand and diversity. Samsung produces a dozen phones today with lots of diversity, and has plans for a half-dozen more releases in the coming year. Apple makes three phones today (which are very similar to eachother), and plans to release only one more this year.

So even if both apple and samsung enjoy the same number of customers today, ALL of apples customers are interested in the rumors regarding the next iphone but only some fraction of samsungs customers are interested in the rumors regarding the next note, or s4, or what have you.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Its about demand and diversity. Samsung produces a dozen phones today with lots of diversity, and has plans for a half-dozen more releases in the coming year. Apple makes three phones today (which are very similar to eachother), and plans to release only one more this year.

So even if both apple and samsung enjoy the same number of customers today, ALL of apples customers are interested in the rumors regarding the next iphone but only some fraction of samsungs customers are interested in the rumors regarding the next note, or s4, or what have you.

Thanks. An intelligent answer finally.

----------

there have been leaks (although not at the rate of the new iPhone). You're just not looking at the right sites.

No PHOTO leaks of any parts, though.

Last edited:

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
I will really consider this as a dedicated mobile film device. If I wanted a device that is great for movie watching on a journey and for some who put an emphasis on gaming and movies this 5.5 inch screen running fast Jelly Bean it sounds good.

I look forward to learning more.

transam7816

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2008
Maybe when a site leaks a photo, or other evidence, they have to pay their source (x) amount of money. Say for an iPhone leak it would cost $10,000. For a Note 2 it would cost $600. Prices are set by the projected amount of hits to that website about the leak. Maybe the source says $600 is not worth losing their job but $10,000 is. I'm flying high right now :cool:

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Apple doesn't make any of it's own parts. They're made at separate factories, in many different companies, often in different countries from one another.
No matter how tight they want security, it'd be practically impossible to put every single part on complete lockdown though the entire line.

For the most part, Samsung builds their own, in their own factories, in their own country.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
[/COLOR]

No PHOTO leaks of any parts, though.

gsmarena_001.jpg

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010

there's an announcement tmr?

LOL wut...

slow news day or or something...

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

Does it really matter ? I don't care and I bet most will not. Why not take this to a Detective have them do an investigation if it bothers you. :p

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Because tech blgs care about page hits and the iPhone causes way more page hits than the Note. There just isn't much public interest in it. Check out androidcentral for more specific android device news.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

Apple's desire for secrecy makes leaking parts that much more desirable. Don't you want what you can't have even more?

----------

Because tech blgs care about page hits and the iPhone causes way more page hits than the Note.

Not sure how the tech blogs have any influence of what parts leak and what parts don't. Unless they're the one's paying/influencing the people actually leaking the parts.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
Apple's desire for secrecy makes leaking parts that much more desirable. Don't you want what you can't have even more?

so true. When someone tells you that you can't see something, your natural inclination is to try and see it.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011

Actually it's because Apple doesn't have the same control of their product like Samsung. Samsung manufactures their own phone, where Apple relies on everyone and their dog to get the iPhone put together. That's the difference between a packaging company (Apple) and a true OEM (Samsung).
Just look at the buzz that was surrounding the GS3. It was massive, yet there was no real leak of the final product like we're seeing with the new longPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.