Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airkarol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
Hey -
Is there any way I can burn a WMV file to a DVD? I am using a Powerbook with the Superdrive. I wasn't able to find any plugins for iMovie allowing me to import WMV files.

Thanx

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Only way I can see doing that is to get a PC and convert it with whatever freware program out there to .avi or .mov... then send it to your book... Other than that im not sure...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
what about the flip4mac plug-in for quicktime? i think it allows all quicktime-aware applications (or whatever you call it) to use wmv files.

airkarol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
toast

I converted it to MPEG. Toast is encoding it now, then it will burn. Hopefully this will work.

airkarol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
I was trying to avoid buything things. I burned it in Toast but there are a few problems. When I play the DVD in DVD Player on my powerbook, it plays at around 5 times the normal speed, the audio also goes at that speed. On a normal DVD Player in my house, there is no sound. On a Windows computer, and another DVD Player in my house, the movie works fine. Does anyone know the problem there? In toast the Video format was set to NTSC, and the audio was Dolby Digital.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.