Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
back from 40 to 38, but for how long? since I'm still pretty new to this what is the highest ranking we've achieved?

oh and I've moved up to 52.:D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I remember seeing 37, but if you search the other threads, I believe someone mentioned 35. We'll probably move back to 39 when the next wave of PCs pass us, but we'll gain on someone else. :)

#52? That's kewl. I think we're all pushing down those who haven't folded for a while. My faster machine moved up to #13 just last night and I went over 400 at the same time.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
actually I'm a little confused now, our Team page says we are #38, but the stats page for all the Teams says we are #36, which is more accurate and up-to-date?:confused:

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
If we include the aggregate teams (Google and Default), then we are #38. Otherwise we are #36.

Thats where the difference in the rankings are ;)

On a personal note: I've broken into the top 40 among MacRumors and accumulated 100 points :D

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
We seem to hold our ground pretty well. Shame I'm going to be gone for all of January...just when I'm moving up in the rankings as well. Oh well. Go team.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Linux box on board

Well, I just got my new linux (old pc) box on the team. I downloaded the console version for my PIII 733 Mhz machine.

I now have folding running on three platforms. Rather cool.

On a side note, I am amazed at how much easier linux is to use (Mandrake 8.2). I attribute this to two things. 1) It has been three years since I touched Linux, and the developers have made it more idiot proof. 2) My limited experience with the Terminal in Mac os X has given me greater confidence and skill

Apple][Forever

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2002
Originally posted by mc68k
whoo-hoo! :) you rock buffsldr.

You better watch out! I just broke 100 points and I'm coming after your spot on the list...

er...

no.

But this is fun. I have the CLI OS X version running on my main work machine (a 600 G4) with no slowdown, and a linux box with a 1GHz Athlon running the client via telnetting in from this machine.

One thing I've noticed is that I have more points per work unit than many others... I haven't figured out why, though.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
We're at # 39 or 41 depending on how you look at it.

Oh well...there will be better days. Holidays always do those things.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
the lab went down from a scheduled power outage on fri. got it up this afternoon. that explains our low ouput.

the emac lab comes up in the next few weeks.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I hope you didn't have too much trouble getting everything going again. I know how difficult power outages can be. Power in this area of Florida is erratic.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
it was a scheduled outage at the university. wouldn't have been a big deal if my car hadn't blown up recently. i couldn't get there 'til today.

2/3 of the dells that went down had to boot into the 'last known good configuration' and everthing was okay. all the macs did fine first boot.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Eeeek...too bad about the car. I suppose it was looking for a winter holiday of its own.

Hope things turn out okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.