Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have a Seagate personal cloud NAS. It does for what I want, use for backup, media streaming etc.

However where it is located I’d prefer it to switch on and off at certain times.

It’s basically now not supported I think by Seagate, but is there anyway to shutdown and wake up, or WOL when I want?

I could shutdown manually by connecting on the webpage, but it’s very manual, I’d prefer a schedule which would be much better.

This could be done with a Mac, PC, or iPhone program.

Thanks

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
If you have a Mac OS that had Automator installed you could have a function of follow your steps to do something! Before Automator you had to know AppleScript and use Apple Script.app on older versions of Mac OS X!

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
If you have a Mac OS that had Automator installed you could have a function of follow your steps to do something! Before Automator you had to know AppleScript and use Apple Script.app on older versions of Mac OS X!

This will require the Mac to be on, and awake? presume all the time. Suppose any PC will have to be the same.

It does allow apps on the personal cloud NAS but are very limited, and can’t see any schedule to do it.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
This will require the Mac to be on, and awake? presume all the time. Suppose any PC will have to be the same.

It does allow apps on the personal cloud NAS but are very limited, and can’t see any schedule to do it.

Nob kt won't if the user runs the script then in script it sleeps the Mac! That can be done!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.