Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lawnmower-lobster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Can one create a virtual currency, as a developer within an app (I am not a developer, but I have plans to release an app. A developer is going to code the app for me)... Can one create a virtual currency which gives users, say, Gems, each time they click on a standard small banner ad, which is displayed within the app.

As opposed to what, Im not sure. As opposed to running Pay Per click ads?

More specifically, if I were to release a helpful app (which Id like people who did not have money to pay for a subscription to be able to use) could the app point them to the small banner at the bottom of the app, stating that if they click the ad, they will earn a gem, and be able to access something.

And do those skinny banner ads often found at the bottom of iPhone app's come in "Pay Per Click" flavour.

Im not sure if Im missing something along the finer details of what you are permitted to ask your app users to click on, and whether asking them to click on an add is allowed in all circumstances, or whether special ads of a pay per click variety need to be integrated as a slightly different idk?

I do plan on a paid version of the app, but don't want that to stop people who could use the app from being able to use it.
Thanks.

Edited to add: Roughly what sort of revenue can be earned through iAd, on a pay per click basis? What does each tap tend to earn? And what if there are no ads available so that the users can tap to earn any gems, for example?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.