Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexmo123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Hey I was about to call apple tech support but figured I minds well post first.

So I just bought the new Penryn Macbook, and have been loving it. However I have had a small problem with the superdrive. When I put DVDs in the drive some work fine, while others dont seem to load, and no drive icon pops up on the desktop. The drive also makes a funny clunky sound every few seconds like its trying to read the DVD but cant. These DVDs are not scratched much at all, and worked fine in my Dads combo drive.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Hey I was about to call apple tech support but figured I minds well post first.

So I just bought the new Penryn Macbook, and have been loving it. However I have had a small problem with the superdrive. When I put DVDs in the drive some work fine, while others dont seem to load, and no drive icon pops up on the desktop. The drive also makes a funny clunky sound every few seconds like its trying to read the DVD but cant. These DVDs are not scratched much at all, and worked fine in my Dads combo drive.

Return it and get a replacement. Something's not right with the drive.

Had a similar issue with my Macbook. Discs work fine on the iMac but the Macbook won't read them.

Alexmo123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Ok yeah I think Ill take it in soon, just making sure there wasnt some dumb fix.

Thanks

if anyone has any other advise feel free to post

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.