Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
It is amazing. I loaded all my programs, documents, pictures, iTunes, synced my iPhone, installed the printer and the mouse, and now I'm running Time Machine backup for the first time. I am in damn love with this computer. It is just phenomenal to use. It is a great experience. I'll keep roaming the boards, maybe a little less frequently now that I actually have my Mac. I added the 2GB memory so I have 2.5 GB, I got a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, and the STM sleeve is great. I'm ecstatic.

Macnator

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
Canada
Congrats! I absolutely love my MBP. Best computer I have ever owned! Hope you have a great experience with it!

Fiasco

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
New York, NY, USA
It is amazing. I loaded all my programs, documents, pictures, iTunes, synced my iPhone, installed the printer and the mouse, and now I'm running Time Machine backup for the first time. I am in damn love with this computer. It is just phenomenal to use. It is a great experience. I'll keep roaming the boards, maybe a little less frequently now that I actually have my Mac. I added the 2GB memory so I have 2.5 GB, I got a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, and the STM sleeve is great. I'm ecstatic.

One would think that, now that one has one's MacBook, that a mac forum would be the ideal place to ask questions and learn about one's new MacBook... or maybe that's just me...

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
One would think that, now that one has one's MacBook, that a mac forum would be the ideal place to ask questions and learn about one's new MacBook... or maybe that's just me...

Yea, but I am not going to be as active asking questions that I've been researching for a long time. But I'm sure you will see at least a few questions from me pop up from time to time.

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
Congrats! I went with the MBP 5 months ago, and my daughter just picked up her MB and so has my Mom. New converts everyday it seems. Heck even OfficeMax now has a 4' section of software! What is this world coming to?:D

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Congrats! I went with the MBP 5 months ago, and my daughter just picked up her MB and so has my Mom. New converts everyday it seems. Heck even OfficeMax now has a 4' section of software! What is this world coming to?:D

Congrats on your new toy, enjoy it!

Thanks, both of you. That is the beauty of it all. I was a die hard PC user, and from now on, I will be recommending nothing but Apple. They are phenomenal. I've already had a bout with customer service and I walked away with $150 saved because of my inconvenience. Wow, just wow.

kabunaru

Jan 28, 2008

Congrats. :) Enjoy your Mac!

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007

Enjoy the honeymoon ;)

Just hope you don't have to send it in for repair, or the case doesn't crack or fall apart. You might end up like me and many others, enjoying our new PC purchases and wondering how much we can sell our MacBooks for ;)

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007

Boy i remember my first post, lol love the enthusiasm.

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
What?

Enjoy the honeymoon ;)

Just hope you don't have to send it in for repair, or the case doesn't crack or fall apart. You might end up like me and many others, enjoying our new PC purchases and wondering how much we can sell our MacBooks for ;)

At the mall today the Apple store was packed!! People were leaving with bags so they are selling product. Dell has a kiosk out in the middle of the walkways ( with all the other cheap stuff... like Hello Kitty and the ones with candy) The Dell guy was playing a game on his cell phone and not one customer standing in line to check out. Maybe it's just me but that's what I saw today.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
At the mall today the Apple store was packed!! People were leaving with bags so they are selling product. Dell has a kiosk out in the middle of the walkways ( with all the other cheap stuff... like Hello Kitty and the ones with candy) The Dell guy was playing a game on his cell phone and not one customer standing in line to check out. Maybe it's just me but that's what I saw today.

It is funny, but at the same time, requires us to step back and take a look at the outstanding growth that this company is doing.

skwij

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
Belleville, ON, Canada
Congrats and welcome aboard :D

Be sure and do the software updates, too.

Have fun with the new computer.......and don't worry about stuff running in the background, AV protection, antispyware, defragging, registry editing, and OS reinstalls every 6 months.

Just use and enjoy.

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello

wow lol, im in the same situation! except this isn't my first time posting. have fun!

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Congrats and welcome aboard :D

Be sure and do the software updates, too.

Have fun with the new computer.......and don't worry about stuff running in the background, AV protection, antispyware, defragging, registry editing, and OS reinstalls every 6 months.

Just use and enjoy.

I've read quite a bit and have a vast amount of knowledge compared to other switchers. The first thing I did after installing the additional 2GB of memory was run full software update, which turned out to be about 320MB of stuff. Thanks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.