Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Today while updating drivers for my MBP I realized Steam's free games offer for ATI card owners (ANY ATI card owner so you guys might want to jump in as well) and at first I thought they would be something crappy but it turns out its HL2 Deathmatch and HL2 Lost Coast (only good for benchmarking and awing at pretty graphics plus it came free for HL2 owners).

I'm really looking forward to starting up this game but the 2.8GB install size is a bit unnecessary and with my connection... it will take quite a while to download. Any impressions on this game?

Is anyone else a HL2 Deathmatch player? (well apart from Jimmi, I know very well of his HL2 addictions :p) It would be nice to play with someone from the forums. If you don't have HL2 but have an ATI card computer (most of Apple's line) then be sure to cash in on this promotion!

Cheers.

Miguey

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
So Cal 909
I play Half-Life 2 Deathmatch on occasion, I got it the same way you got it through that promo, and if my computer wasn't as laggy I would probably enjoy it more. The game is fun but I can find my self annoyed when those pro's come in and start getting random headshots and kills with that damn bow thats so hard to aim with >.>. Only thing I wish is that the promo came with Source SDK Base so I can play the Insurgency mod for HL2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.