Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwaxman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
My chair
I have gotten my father invovled in the folding process and he has been doing quite well for our team (joelw135). He came to me with an issue the other day and I have yet to be able to figure it out. He gave me the name of a unit he is working on that is not in the list. My only thought is that maybe he got a 'beta' unit as they are not listed in the summary list (says a note on the bottom), but how did he get that and how can I check this? Is there a setting he has checked and needs to uncheck to not get beta units?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
to get a beta unit, afaik, u have to specify with a switch in the terminal version. i have seen different cores downloaded before, that might have corresponded to G@H... to check look in the folder that work/data/settings is stored and see if there is more than one kind of FahCore in there.

what kind of client is he running anyways? what platform?

...and tell him thanks for helping us out. :)

dwaxman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
My chair
figured out what it was . . . He hadn't selected the 'prefered type' and was getting a genome@home work unit I believe.

However for the record he is running it on multiple of his Windows boxes with various versions of the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.