Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoodGuy12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
Canada
I'm trying to get bootcamp XP to work on my Mac Pro 2007 due to needing to run old applications. I downgraded macOS to 10.6.3 Snow Leopard to get XP SP2 installed. It worked perfectly. Upgraded to SP3 and installed the bootcamp drivers, but sadly the graphics driver didnt work, because it didn't recognise my card?

I'm running a Radeon HD 5770, also got a Radeon HD 5870 that are original Mac flashed cards. Probably the drivers that came with the retail copy of 10.6 could be out of date. I assumed that the drivers probably expected a Radeon X1900 XT which was the highest my machine should've came with from the factory.

Now here's where the problem started to occur. I went onto AMD's website to look for graphics drivers. There was official bootcamp drivers that went down to Mac Pro 2007 (lucky me), but had the minimum OS as Windows 7. So I then switched to look for the regular PC drivers (as I'm running bootcamp so it should work anyways), I found the old Catalyst driver version 14.4 for Windows XP Professional 32-bit on AMD's website, but when I attempted to install it. Everything installed correctly except the GPU Driver itself due to "Driver was not signed.". This appears to be an AMD fault, forgetting to sign the driver, so now it can't be installed?

I was wondering if anyone has ever done a bootcamp on a 1,1 or 2,1 on windows XP that has a working driver for an ATI Radeon HD 5870/5770? This is the only thing I need to get my Mac Pro running on XP properly and I am in dire need to get this running for an old workstation application.

If you have the drivers for XP 32-bit, please pm me.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.