Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I must be doing something wrong. I added the app, set up the workout for "walking dog" and that shows up and will let me run the workout. But it doesn't find it's way into the health or fitness app. It also doesn't show up in my Workout list on the apple watch. It shows up in the WorkOther app on the watch and let's me run it but is not calculated in the health or fitness apps.

BryceXXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
I must be doing something wrong. I added the app, set up the workout for "walking dog" and that shows up and will let me run the workout. But it doesn't find it's way into the health or fitness app. It also doesn't show up in my Workout list on the apple watch. It shows up in the WorkOther app on the watch and let's me run it but is not calculated in the health or fitness apps.
You need to grant the app the permission to write data into your Health, the method is here : iPhone - Settings - Health - Data Access & Device - WorkOther - Turn On All

Hope this help you

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
You need to grant the app the permission to write data into your Health, the method is here : iPhone - Settings - Health - Data Access & Device - WorkOther - Turn On All

Hope this help you

Ok, thanks, I got it to feed the Fitness app and it shows Walking Dog there. But it shows up as Other in the Health app. Also doesn't show distance in either one. Just shows time, calories and heart rate.

BryceXXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Ok, thanks, I got it to feed the Fitness app and it shows Walking Dog there. But it shows up as Other in the Health app. Also doesn't show distance in either one. Just shows time, calories and heart rate.
Will improve its functionality gradually, then you can customize workouts finely.

Reactions: GlenK

Jeremy Lincoln

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2021
Hello can you make the app pause the training automatically like the native app, I can’t remember how many times I forget to turn off the app

BryceXXXX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Hello can you make the app pause the training automatically like the native app, I can’t remember how many times I forget to turn off the app
There is no such an option right now, I can't figure out how to tell if a person is exercising

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.