Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midkay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before. A good friend of mine has had a Watch for years and we've recently discovered his workout data history in the Fitness app on his phone keeps getting wiped randomly, between every few days to every week or two. He's done hundreds of workouts in the past, but only the most recent few ever show up in his history. This is also leading to his awards acting weird, like getting a "walking workout record" for a 3-mile walk when he's done much longer ones before, but since they've all been erased somehow, the watch thinks it's his new all-time record. Quite bizarre.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think we will try unpairing and re-pairing the watch and see if it helps, but I'm worried it won't. I know there aren't any "auto-delete workout history" settings anywhere so I'm not sure what else could be triggering this. Googling around, I can't seem to find other people having this particular issue, which is also strange to me. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before. A good friend of mine has had a Watch for years and we've recently discovered his workout data history in the Fitness app on his phone keeps getting wiped randomly, between every few days to every week or two. He's done hundreds of workouts in the past, but only the most recent few ever show up in his history. This is also leading to his awards acting weird, like getting a "walking workout record" for a 3-mile walk when he's done much longer ones before, but since they've all been erased somehow, the watch thinks it's his new all-time record. Quite bizarre.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think we will try unpairing and re-pairing the watch and see if it helps, but I'm worried it won't. I know there aren't any "auto-delete workout history" settings anywhere so I'm not sure what else could be triggering this. Googling around, I can't seem to find other people having this particular issue, which is also strange to me. Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks.
All workout data gets stored in the Health app on the iPhone, there is a workout section in the summary, check there.
You can delete data there but that is something you have to do intentionally, eg removing a “source”

Check the storage on the phone, eg my Health app has about 2.5GB of data going back to 2015…

Also, health data is backed up to iCloud and that is turned in by default…

Need more info to come up with more ideas

midkay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Thanks, good point, I will check out the data in Health and verify that it is really going missing there.

Phone storage and iCloud storage still have tons of space left. Health data is syncing to iCloud but is a pretty small amount of data.

Appreciate the suggestions. Any others are welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.