Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Songano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022
Edit: I found out that it has something to do with the disappearing Cursor. When im walking and moving the camera around i need to hold the left / right button and in this case the cursor disappears. As soon as i release the left or right mouse button, the cursor comes back and causes the framedrop, which causes micro-stuttering. Whats causing this? :(

Hey there,

first time posting here :)

Got my MacStudio yesterday for work and found out that i can play my beloved WoW on it :D
It runs pretty good at locked 60FPS VSYNC on and looks great.

But i got one major Problem...when clicking the left/right mousebutton my FPS drops from 60 to 57-58. So it causes major Stuttering, which is SUPER annoying. And in Oribos the screen flickers black when clicking the mousebuttons.

I had the mouse (Logitech G502) plugged in via USB cable and via a BT Dongle, but that did not change anyhting.

Anyone having the same issues? Any tipps?

Songano

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yep. Same problem here. M1 Max 16 MBP. Started with the late October update. I’ve reported a bug with Blizzard. Haven’t found a fix. My friend with a 16 MBP M1 Max same problem. We both play WoW classic. Wotlk.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
On internal display? Everyone I know with the problem is using an external display.

External display. Actually just logged in about an hour ago to see if the new Dragon Isles update was running ok and tried to replicate but working fine. The cursor does not disappear. No UI flicker.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Primeless

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2023
Edit: I found out that it has something to do with the disappearing Cursor. When im walking and moving the camera around i need to hold the left / right button and in this case the cursor disappears. As soon as i release the left or right mouse button, the cursor comes back and causes the framedrop, which causes micro-stuttering. Whats causing this? :(

Hey there,

first time posting here :)

Got my MacStudio yesterday for work and found out that i can play my beloved WoW on it :D
It runs pretty good at locked 60FPS VSYNC on and looks great.

But i got one major Problem...when clicking the left/right mousebutton my FPS drops from 60 to 57-58. So it causes major Stuttering, which is SUPER annoying. And in Oribos the screen flickers black when clicking the mousebuttons.

I had the mouse (Logitech G502) plugged in via USB cable and via a BT Dongle, but that did not change anyhting.

Anyone having the same issues? Any tipps?

Songano
Hey there, don't know if this is still a thing for you. I hade similar issues, i had massive fps drops when clicking any mouse button in Retail. (But I'm playing on windows 10..) Turned out to be the addon PetTracker. I started by deactivating every addon to see if any addon might be the problem. And then tested out step by step. (firstyl I disabled to load old addons, was more effective, then step by step)

Reactions: haolong

sonnyger

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2016
Push

Can someone confirm that the external display - click - fps drop - issue has been fixed with macOS 14.4?

That's the reason why I am still on Monterey.

Not related to WoW, but see:

Moncler

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2024
I have one dumb question.

How do you play wow on macOS? As much as I tried to find a suitable client for downloading the game, so for a couple of years, I have not found anything, only windows versions everywhere i go.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I have one dumb question.

How do you play wow on macOS? As much as I tried to find a suitable client for downloading the game, so for a couple of years, I have not found anything, only windows versions everywhere i go.

The Battle.net client runs just fine on MacOS.

Reactions: Moncler
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.