Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Every time i change an area through teleport (hearthstone, instance portal, battleground/arena in and out, mage/shattrath porta, warlock/meeting stone summon, and also when i taxi-fly to shattrath), WoW freezes.
It starts by reducing my FPS to lower than 1 (or so i belive, if i try to turn my character, or someone moves, i only see separate images, never a fluid movment), then everyone stops, although they keep the movment animation, and i can't cast any spell. I can move around, but interact with nothing. Strangely enough, if i send a message, i can't see it, but everyone else can (wich actualy is useful when im in a party, read on).
When this happens, i immediatly open my browser, and open a light-weight web page. I do this, for each time this crash happens, my internet is disabled. If the pages open, then it was a simple DC, and i can relog. However if the page keeps loading, but nothing appears, then i need to reboot my computer. I have checked with my ISP provider, and the connection is not interrupted, and i can use the internet on the other computer connected to the router.

I do not get any error message

I have all the video settings minimal, and WoW in a 1150x720 windowed frame. I have many addons, although the memory they use is under 15MB (i disabled WoWEcon [40MB+] and CT_Mail mod [15MB+]).

My computer specs:

Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Memory (x2):

Size: 512 MB
Type: DDR2 SDRAM
Speed: 667 MHz

I apologize for my english grammar errors (my nationality is Portuguese)
If you need anymore information please ask.

Rydther

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2007
San Jose, CA
Have you tried disabling all addons and seeing what happens then? might not be a memory amount problem, but maybe a corrupted addon

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
the first thing i thought of, was running a permissions and a disk verification, but the i couldnt verify de disk (the computer got the busy ball icon for ever). So i downloaded Onyx, and verified the disk from there. There was something that needed repair. I started the computer with the instalation disk 1, and repaired from there. After that it was solved! :D now i can play normaly once again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.