Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Before the latest expansion, which brings the game to version 10.x I thought after going with a Macbook Air M2 I was going to have to put on hold. It worked, for the most part, but it was not a smooth experience. When the latest expansion came out, they clearly optimized for Apple Silicon and it's very smooth on an M2 Macbook Air M2.

Currently running with a graphics level of 5, which still looks pretty damn good IMHO. Also no, the Macbook does not get blazing hot after playing for hours. To be honest my old Macbook Pro got a hell of a hot hotter than this M2 does with no fan.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Before the latest expansion, which brings the game to version 10.x I thought after going with a Macbook Air M2 I was going to have to put on hold. It worked, for the most part, but it was not a smooth experience. When the latest expansion came out, they clearly optimized for Apple Silicon and it's very smooth on an M2 Macbook Air M2.

Currently running with a graphics level of 5, which still looks pretty damn good IMHO. Also no, the Macbook does not get blazing hot after playing for hours. To be honest my old Macbook Pro got a hell of a hot hotter than this M2 does with no fan.
That is weird. WoW has been Apple Silicon native for two years. This is the first time someone has reported stuttering, that I’ve seen, here in that game.

canadianpj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Well all I can say is previous to v10 it was shaky at best on the M2 and at v10 it runs smooth as it ever did before. They must have done something.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.