Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
That's really quite impressive....I'll have to go to the Apple Store and see if they have any of those on the machines and see what they're like.....

They would have them there, right?

D

granex

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Loops on new iMac

I'm just about to buy either a new iMac or a PowerMac. There are obvious differences in price, and a bit in style. The iMac is really good enough for most of my home needs (I have plenty of high powered computers at work for more intense needs). However, I anticipate that my kids are going to want to spend a lot of time playing with Garage Band. One of my sons plays around for an hour a day on an old synthesizer that we have as it is.

Is the iMac up to doing some pretty good things with Garage Band? Would the PowerMac make that big a difference, at least to the extent that it is worth the extra $1,000?

-granex

powermac99

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2003
I've heard that the iMac performs extremely well with GarageBand and would certainly recommend it for a family computer. If you don't need the Powermac for things like extremely processor intensive video editing, safe a few hundred (if not thousand) dollars. Be sure to drop in on us at iCompositions and tell us how well GB works.

powermac99

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2003
Mr. Anderson said:
That's really quite impressive....I'll have to go to the Apple Store and see if they have any of those on the machines and see what they're like.....

They would have them there, right?

D

I don't think they would :(

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
well, i guess it pays if you were going to get one of the apple jampacks instead. if you're paying 99 dollars for 2,000 loops, why not pay 170 for 11,000? it's going on my christmas list :)

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Sweet indeed. Makes me feel like remixing something that was never intended to be remixed... *breaks out Master of Puppets CD* Ah yes... the experiment begins...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.