Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
The MBA is the "most beautiful" but could have been "Most fun to use and practical ultraportable" if Apple would add some RAM and more drive space like a 256 GB SSD.

I know it would be slower, but why cannot Apple use some internal SD cards to add some drive space? Anyone ever think of that? They have 64 GB SD cards that are tiny. Slow, yes but would be a way to have 128 GB SSD as boot drive and app storage then another 128 GB for file storage. Is there anything like that out there?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I don't see that happening Scottsdale, I think they will (eventually) just bump up the hard drives, I'm not sure how many users are really finding that a lack of 256GB SSD is that large of a problem, I'm aware you are.

Alternatively, I find it humorous that the error that they list are not the flaws in RAM and SSD size, rather: processor and optical drive. There is no way a 256GB SSD MacBook Air is going to be "the most practical" at the imagined price point.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I don't see that happening Scottsdale, I think they will (eventually) just bump up the hard drives, I'm not sure how many users are really finding that a lack of 256GB SSD is that large of a problem, I'm aware you are.

Alternatively, I find it humorous that the error that they list are not the flaws in RAM and SSD size, rather: processor and optical drive. There is no way a 256GB SSD MacBook Air is going to be "the most practical" at the imagined price point.

Well, I did include ULTRAPORTABLE in the same sentence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.