Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Is there a pattern for lemons or worse components, especially BATTERIES with lower than 100% (like 98%, know what I'm saying?) , or batteries that degrade more easily ?

Sorry badly formulated, but was anyone able to draw a somewhat coherent conclusion as to whether or not first batches get worse components/go through QC more easily ?

Especially in the last few years

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
On the contrary, the units made in late July or August usually fare better in terms of quality because there is more scrutiny during the MP ramp process. Look at the dates of the affected models. They are all well past the ramp stage.

Reactions: Zahl0s

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
On the contrary, the units made in late July or August usually fare better in terms of quality because there is more scrutiny during the MP ramp process. Look at the dates of the affected models. They are all well past the ramp stage.

Interesting thank you !

Not sure I understand though, the first link says iphone 12 october-april (with a launch date of October) . It seems to me that these are also first batch (October) nah?

How long before launch are iphones manufacturered? What's the usual month of manufacture for an iphone 15 ordered day 1?

As for iphone 11 I can't see it ,program has ended, but I trust your knowledge ;)

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Interesting thank you !

Not sure I understand though, the first link says iphone 12 october-april (with a launch date of October) . It seems to me that these are also first batch (October) nah?

How long before launch are iphones manufacturered? What's the usual month of manufacture for an iphone 15 ordered day 1?

As for iphone 11 I can't see it ,program has ended, but I trust your knowledge ;)

Volume production usually starts in late July and no later than August for September iPhone launches. Apple needs to build inventory for at least a month in order to ship 2-5 million launch devices globally.

1694713994383.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.