Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danfango

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2022
London, UK
My airpods gen 2, which I've owned since release day, are starting to get a bit cranky on the battery and going dead suddenly front. I expected them to last a couple of years which they did nicely. They also aren’t that great for when I’m running as they tend to slip out a bit.

Now Amazon have AirPods pro for £189 at the moment here in UK.

Is it worth upgrading to these or hang out with these until the apparent Q4 2022 release for AirPods Pro 2?

The AirPods 3rd gen are no good. I borrowed some and the shape isn’t right for my ears.

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
I had the original Airpods and didnt like the fit. I've had the pros for a while now and I like them a lot. Also, I had to send the pros in for repairs for the crackling noise issue.

I think if you can wait, wait for the new release this year.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I got the Airpods 2 on sale on black friday. I routinely use the wired Earpods but the Airpods were... not good. Always felt like they were going to fall out, fatiguing to wear, terrible sound leakage. I tried the Beats Studio Buds and they were 100% better, but for the fact that they lose all the special Airpod features and only pair to one device at a time. Finally just settled on the Airpods Pro and got those and haven't looked back.

Reactions: Danfango

Danfango

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2022
London, UK
Ok so I got my AirPods Pro about an hour ago and I am sold. Sound quality is much better, the fit is perfect, the noise cancellation is amazing and the spatial audio is pretty impressive. Money well spent.

Going to slack off work this afternoon and watch the last episode of the expanse again with them in ?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
If you like the open feel of the AirPods gen 2, try the AirPods 3. I wear them mostly. In addition, I have gen1 and gen2, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, BeatsX, and Beats Flex.
Love all of them, but the AirPod 3 are "almost not there" with a great sound.
The Max are really great for intense listening and high noise, but bulky for all day use. I use the pros for when it gets noisy, and the gen2 when I am out of power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.