Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pammyspyce

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Bay Area, Calif
I'm considering getting a new iPod. I have a 20 GB, non color iPod right now. I was considering a Nano, but I want more space so I can use the iPod to back up my home folder as well. But I'm afraid new, sleeker and slimmer iPods are just around the corner. I don't need somthing as tiny as the Nano since I tend to only use it in the car but I wouldn't mind a 60 GB iPod that was the size of a mini. So, buy or wait?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You're going to have to wait a while for a mini sized 60 GB iPod since 8 GB is the largest hard drive that would fit the mini. That's also the largest flash memory capacity I've seen and would be great for the nano.

I've got a monochrome 40 GB iPod and the capacity is decent and considering that the PB's 60 GB is mostly used, it's nice to have more capacity on the iPod. If I was buying today, the 60 would be it.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
I think im the only person who thinks that a peice of equipment the size of a deck of cards that holds over 15k songs is NOT too big??? I have a 40G pod and I wouldn't want it any smaller...If I needed a pod with more storage I would buy a 60G in a heart beat

Reckless

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2005
wrxguy said:
I think im the only person who thinks that a peice of equipment the size of a deck of cards that holds over 15k songs is NOT too big??? I have a 40G pod and I wouldn't want it any smaller...If I needed a pod with more storage I would buy a 60G in a heart beat

You posted just as I was finishing off my post. Just wanted to agree with what you said. I've got a 2G 20gb model (nearly full) and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm saving up for an iBook I'd have bought one already.

londy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2005
louisville, ky
i had the choice but opted for a 4G 30GB instead. i had a 3G 10GB that had been full for most of the time i had it (had it for just over a year).I thought the 20GB'd be too small but didn't want to fill the cavern of the 60GB--figured that by the time i filled it with music i'd actually wanna listen to (instead of just all my cd's--even ones that i haven't listened to since I bought 'em), i'd be ready to upgrade/move on to something else. so I bought the 30GB on sale from the apple store online-- reminds me: i need to send in my rebate form...

the 60 would be good to backup files on your computer, but for music only it was too big for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.