Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleUser29912

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2022
I want to buy a studio display and noticed this one is $1,699.00 CAD ($300 OFF) since it is refurbished.

I know Apple's refurbished program is good because it goes through proper checks and etc but heard that about the macs and not the displays. Is it the same for displays? would you buy this to save $300 or you would buy a new one?

Algus

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
From Apple?

Absolutely

I have never received anything but quality merchandise from their refurb center. Really the only downside to it is that if you need the tech on Day 1, you're not going to be able to get it from the refurb center.

Reactions: katbel

odblnt

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2020
I got a refurbished standard display VESA in April to go with my M2 Pro Mini. Great monitor!

That being said, it was the worst buying experience at an Apple store ever (ship to store - long story). Ended up having to order a second one because they cancelled the first one. For some (strange) reason, they never sent me a customer service survey. :rolleyes:

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
I would. Does the standard model ever go on sale in Canada (Amazon or Costco?) The standard glass + tilt is on sale at Costco right now in the US (but seems to be sold out for shipping, I'd have to look in a store to see if there was any stock available).

But I don't see the VESA version on sale as much so that's where I'd be most likely to get one refurbished. Somehow knocking off $300 makes this monitor much more attractive to me.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
I’ve purchased a number of refurbished devices -- Macs, iPhones, and iPads — from Apple directly, and frankly they were all basically brand new. Would buy anything in the future that way.

MFDoom

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009
I bought two of them and they are flawless. I’ve also bought refurbished Thunderbolt displays and also never had any issues. whats not to love about a discount and the warranty

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian33
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.