Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdikici

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
Hi Guys,

I am very happy with my iPhone 14 Pro's camera. But would you consider another compact/DSLR camera for vlogging?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I would use a proper camera to do vlogging whenever possible. iPhone camera is just iPhone camera after all.

Reactions: geta

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
You already have a camera, not much point in getting another unless you like vlogging that much

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
If you’re trying to make a career out of it I would worry about your content rather than your equipment.
Some of the vloggers I watch switch between and honestly I don’t really notice except when they mention it.
If you’re just starting out an iPhone will be fine if your content is interesting.

Reactions: kitKAC

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
If you’re trying to make a career out of it I would worry about your content rather than your equipment.
Some of the vloggers I watch switch between and honestly I don’t really notice except when they mention it.
If you’re just starting out an iPhone will be fine if your content is interesting.
This. iPhone footage is really good, unless you're in low light situations. But what you do with the footage is much more important.

mdikici

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
I see, so I will start with my iPhone and focus on the content.

naturalguy

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2018
I run a business with content shot entirely on the iPhone 14 Pro Max, I would recommend a microphone however for better sound

mdikici

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
Hey guys. Thanks for your comments. I bought a Sony ZV-1 camera. I can plug it into my tripod; it has colour profiles that I can use directly in Premiere Pro. I compared cameras in https://vlogcamera.net/ website and thought Sony ZV-1 is a good option (price/performance) for me. Using it since 2 weeks now and I am happy ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.