Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shepherd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Has anybody run WoW on the new imac with its supposed "HD 2600 PRO"? I'm really interested in hearing how it does in terms of fps with various settings. If anyone has been able to toy around with this game on the new platform I'd be anxious to hear, as I've read benchmarks from other games but not many from WoW.

Please include the resolution and graphics detail if you reply so we can get an idea of the iMac's potential with this game (screenshots would be great :D).

-Shepherd

Haoshiro

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2006
USA, OR
I'll have benchmarks of this game soon.

Although I do have to reactivate my account, so it might be a week or so :)

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I don't play WoW anymore but when I did there was barely a difference between OS X and XP on my iMac. I have an Intel Core Duo 2 Ghz, with 2 GBs of RAM and the upgraded 256 VRAM. I think you'll be perfectly fine with the new iMacs processor and graphics card. I would get about 25-35 FPS in Ironforge with settings near max.

Shepherd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't play WoW anymore but when I did there was barely a difference between OS X and XP on my iMac. I have an Intel Core Duo 2 Ghz, with 2 GBs of RAM and the upgraded 256 VRAM. I think you'll be perfectly fine with the new iMacs processor and graphics card. I would get about 25-35 FPS in Ironforge with settings near max.

Well that's good to hear. I'm hopeful that the new iMac will be at least as powerful, and 30fps (in lagforge nonetheless) is more than playable for WoW imo. I've crawled along with an old G4 iBook at 12fps max, so I'm sure whatever I get with the new machines will be a breath of fresh air compared to that.

-Shepherd

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
Well that's good to hear. I'm hopeful that the new iMac will be at least as powerful, and 30fps (in lagforge nonetheless) is more than playable for WoW imo. I've crawled along with an old G4 iBook at 12fps max, so I'm sure whatever I get with the new machines will be a breath of fresh air compared to that.

-Shepherd

http://www.barefeats.com/imacal3.html

imal3_wow.gif

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
it is awesome on the new imac especially compared to my macbook lol
standard 20" spec with 1gb ram. i get a least 60 fps minimum and that goes up to 120fps in not so busy areas. im gonna get 4gb ram when i get payed;) that will be gd also need to try it in parallels soon but it is really gd no worrys about performance, and about the "pro" chek the 2600xt? thread for reassurance :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.