Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
The title really says all. How well does World of Warcraft fare on the 12-inch MacBook?

I'm obviously not expecting 60fps on ultra settings; I've played WoW on my 2012 13-inch MBA, and didn't feel like I was missing out on much simply because I'm not a hardcore player who sticks to raid schedules. The low settings didn't bother me much as well, so my demands for WoW aren't very high. The only thing that was bothersome was the fan spinning at max.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Recommended specs are i5 CPU or higher, 4GB RAM, and GT 750M/HD 6750M or higher.

The rMB would run it but it certainly won't be buttery.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Also you past experience has little value when assessing WOW performance, because it gets more demanding with each xpac.

My rMBP with Intel Iris is struggling on med settings, so I run low-med. No raiding though

Khalanad75

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2015
land of confusion
I would think it would run okay since you are okay with low settings (it may run higher, but I am sure low would run fine).

It still runs fine on my 2010 13"MBP. Just runs with the fans full blowing.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Also you past experience has little value when assessing WOW performance, because it gets more demanding with each xpac.

My rMBP with Intel Iris is struggling on med settings, so I run low-med. No raiding though

I played MoP on my 2008 Aluminim MacBook and I was raiding almost every night. I still would think WoW and the future expansions might be a bit too much for the rMB, but it should run beautifully on a MacBook Air and perfectly once the Sandy Bridge variants are released with their superior iGPUs. :)

Reactions: Ulenspiegel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.