Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenwong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
I have recently got a MacBook Pro 2018 now running Mojave. I will need to develop VBA in Microsoft Excel for use by someone else on a Windows 10 machine.

I am wondering would there be any issues if I write the codes in a Windows 10 instance installed on my Mac in a Bootcamp partition? Or, it will be the same as if I do it on a Windows 10 PC? Would the process or the results be different? If so, in what way? And are the differences significant?

I understand that some codes might be different if I write them in native Excel for Mac compared to codes written in Excel on a Windows box. Reference to external files is an example.

Any suggestions and ideas would be much appreciated.

Mikael H

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2014
If you run the Windows version of Microsoft Office - no matter if you do it through Bootcamp or in a virtual machine through the likes of VirtualBox, Parallels, or VMware Fusion - the result will be just as if you had done the same things in Microsoft Office on a non-Apple computer. In other words: You'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.