Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
So, while I'm partly to blame I would like your thoughts on what you think my chances are.

I recently brought an iPad Air case (this is what the receipt says) from an American Apple Store while on vacation.

I open it up in America and it all looks good so I dispose of the packaging.

I get home to the UK and insert my iPad into the case and it doesn't fit. The case is for an Air 2 (doh!).

What's annoying is that the man at the Apple Store handed me the case from out the back in the particular colour I wanted as it wasn't out front.

What do we think of the likelihood for a swap will be in a UK store?

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
So, while I'm partly to blame I would like your thoughts on what you think my chances are.

I recently brought an iPad Air case (this is what the receipt says) from an American Apple Store while on vacation.

I open it up in America and it all looks good so I dispose of the packaging.

I get home to the UK and insert my iPad into the case and it doesn't fit. The case is for an Air 2 (doh!).

What's annoying is that the man at the Apple Store handed me the case from out the back in the particular colour I wanted as it wasn't out front.

What do we think of the likelihood for a swap will be in a UK store?

I'd try all stores near you until you get it taken care of. Some employees/stores are more strict.

Do you have an emailed receipt?

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I'd try all stores near you until you get it taken care of. Some employees/stores are more strict.

Do you have an emailed receipt?
Yes I do, though it says Apple iPad Air case the one I have is for an Air 2.

I'm going to head down to an Apple Store over the weekend and see what happens. I may give them a call too.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Success!

I took the opportunity as I was passing an Apple Store. After some discussion between the Employee and Manager a replacement case appeared.

Great customer service as always Apple!

Reactions: AlliFlowers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.