Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2023
Who is this Mark Gurman? He/she/shim is wrong more than they are correct. Only baseball players have poorer percentage of hitting something on the nose. More importantly, how do I get their job? I would love a job where I can be wrong most of the time.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Wrong More Than Correct
Is he, though?

2023-05-02 15_30_07-Mark Gurman (84.38% reliable) — Apple Scoop – Mozilla Firefox.png

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2023
By whose metric? His? Advertising numbers manipulation by the site to draw visitors?

He predicted a 15" MacBook Air by spring. Spring has come and will be gone by the time WWDC occurs. Still just rumors.

He predicted haptic virtual buttons on the new iPhone. Nope, not going to happen this year.

He predicted micro LED screens for watches this year. Nope, maybe in two years.

Making a career on rumors and opinionated news one might as well work for CNN.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
By whose metric? His?
By independent websites counting his predictions that were correct.

Gurman correctly predicted that only the iPhone 14 Pro got a 48 MP camera.

He correctly predicted the release date of the latest iPad Pro model.

He correctly predicted the launch of the Mac Studio and the Studio Display.

He correctly predicted the death of the Touchbar.

The list goes on and on.

Is he always correct? Obviously not. But he's more often right than wrong. And some predictions simply turn out incorrect because Apple's plans change, for instance due to unexpected supply issues.

He predicted haptic virtual buttons on the new iPhone. Nope, not going to happen this year.

He predicted micro LED screens for watches this year. Nope, maybe in two years.
Neither this year's iPhones nor Apple Watches have been released. So how do want to know whose predictions are correct?

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Who is this Mark Gurman? He/she/shim is wrong more than they are correct. Only baseball players have poorer percentage of hitting something on the nose. More importantly, how do I get their job? I would love a job where I can be wrong most of the time.
What's "shim"? I've seen a lot of neopronouns and that one is new to me /genq

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.