Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Been using iphones as my morning alarm for years. All of a sudden out of the blue last night instead of just simple set time for alarm, I get this bedtime app. It's very confusing and I can't seem to get rid of it. I didn't consciously change anything. Maybe I hit a button by accident or something. Anyway, can I make it go away?

Even more baffling--when I set the "wake up" time, instead of the loud, repeating tone I used to get, it now makes only one soft sound that will never wake me up. Can't figure out how to fix that either.

barnetty

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
go into the clock app hit the bedtime tab...then select the bedtime schedule and turn off the toggle.

the alarm tab should still have your other alarms on there

bedtime feature has been available for a couple of years now so perhaps you upgraded from a really old ios

Gator1pk

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
The bedtime has been there awhile. The bedtime alarm is a sound you choose. It’s starts very low and gradually increases, to gently wake you up. But if you have your volume down, good luck waking up. You can still use the regular Alarm function, it’s different from Bedtime. i have my Alarm sound to be the Star Trek “red alert”, it definitely wakes me up!

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
I love the bedtime function. It's so much easier to change wake up times and see how many hours I have to sleep. I never use the regular alarms o_O
[automerge]1580500378[/automerge]
But if you have your volume down, good luck waking up.

The bedtime volume is independent of the overall system volume. You just need to make sure its turned up in the bedtime options menu and then you're good.

Reactions: jpn

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
OK, I see that I can still add an alarm by clicking the plus sign. But no way to remove the bedtime thing from the "list" of alarms. Which is fine. Also, as far as the bedtime ring, still getting just one soft ring despite having volume in bedtime options up all the way, but doesnt' matter since I'm not going to use it anyway. Anyway, something of a false alarm (!) but thanks for the help.

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
OK, I see that I can still add an alarm by clicking the plus sign. But no way to remove the bedtime thing from the "list" of alarms. Which is fine. Also, as far as the bedtime ring, still getting just one soft ring despite having volume in bedtime options up all the way, but doesnt' matter since I'm not going to use it anyway. Anyway, something of a false alarm (!) but thanks for the help.

Right above the bedtime volume control in the options is "Wake Up Sound". Tap that and there's a big list of options. They are all quite pleasant and slowly fade up the volume for people who dont like to be startled awake.

bjjp2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Right above the bedtime volume control in the options is "Wake Up Sound". Tap that and there's a big list of options. They are all quite pleasant and slowly fade up the volume for people who dont like to be startled awake.

OK, a lot of user error on my part. But I see elsewhere there are a lot of people complaining that once you first activate bedroom mode you can never remove the bedroom thing from your list of alarms. Which, again, is not a big deal to me.

RobertVegas

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2020
Iphone Setting --> Sounds & Haptics --> Ringer and Alerts. Make sure the "Change with Buttons" is ON and/or Adjust the Volume using the Slide Bar.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.