Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groov'

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2001
Netherlands
Almost all software developers announced new X products or upgrades at the MWSF platform....

But, where is Macromedia? It seems they are also present somewhere at the show. Did anybody hear anything from them there?

I need Flash, FireworX and Dreamweaver very badly.

M

Moby 1

Hey Macromedia - burn the midnight oil!

If I get Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash, I can say good bye to OS 9.

C'mon guys!

I'll start using GoLive...

M1

kidtronix

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
hmm yes, dreamweaver and flash are the missing links now when photoshop is around the corner... but unfortunatly we probably have to wait until dreamweaver 5 and flash 6 :mad:

*edit from apple.com

Macromedia
“Macromedia delivered the first professional illustration software program for Mac OS X with Macromedia FreeHand 10 and we’ve received an amazing response,” said Kevin Lynch, chief software architect, Macromedia. “Mac OS X provides us a great opportunity to bring powerful new applications to our customers and we look forward to delivering more market-leading products this year.”

amichalo

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2001
Originally posted by eyelikeart
strange since Macromedia had Freehand 10 out for X before any other commercial application was available of it's kind...

Excellent point. I have thought the same myself - everytime I wait for Classic to start up so I can use Dreamweaver. I wonder if there were internal happenings that slowed the Carbon release of their other applications.

As important as Macromedia and Adobe are to Apple, I am shocked that at 9:00 (to use Steve's analogy) we are still waiting on Dreamweaver, Flash, and PhotoShop. Even the ever-late-to-the-party Microsoft delivered Office quicker.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
timing?

it was probably just good timing on their part....

an update was due for Freehand and X was in beta form...so it just worked out I suppose...

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
last few apps

When Macromedia gets their **** together and PS7 comes out.... then I will alomost never have to use classic again!!!

If only Agfa would put out an OS X verion of FotoLook that supports their consumer scanners .. then I really would never have to use classic again. They stoped suporting their consmumer end a long time ago and replaced it with come crap called ScanWise X. It sucks!!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Agfa Scanners

I've never used the ScanWise.....but we use FotoLook at work and it's great! Is there any word at all if they would be bringing it to X? any other alternatives?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ha ha ha...

it's ok...I posted specifically so I could reach my 500th early this morning....

couldn't wait to have an avatar under my name....

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: Agfa Scanners

I've never used the ScanWise.....but we use FotoLook at work and it's great! Is there any word at all if they would be bringing it to X? any other alternatives?

ScanWise is crap!! it has alomost no features at all. Im using fotoLook 2.09 becuse I hate Scanwise. I think they are going to bring FotoLook to OS X soon... but no suport of the consumer end scanners. :( My next scanner will NOT be a Afga

Aspuru

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2002
flash 6 is almost ready

I think macromedia is upset with apple since last macworld when steve's didnt invite macromedia to present FH X in the key notes 10 on 10 and Adobe was invited with 0 aps on 10.

This year Macromedia didnt go to the Macworld at all.

I hope they fix their problems if there are.

And don't take apple versions on hold

willmore

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2002
West Lafayette, IN
Ease of Transition for Individual Apps

I think one of the reasons that Macromedia may have done Freehand so quickly was that the technologies behind it were most easily transferrable to OS X and Quartz. I'm sure they've evaluated all of their products, and I'd bet that most of them are close to being done; I can just see them looking at the Freehand code (when it was still just for 9) and saying, "Hmm, porting this is cake! Let's do it first."

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: Re: macromedia

funny....I wouldn't think a company that went out of business would be ready to release updates to some of it's big applications...

Who's the idiot now?!

I would suggest that this would be a good time to buy shares in Macromedia.... when the market starts pulling up harder and new releases of their major software is released, they will have a BIG turn up, I would imagine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.