Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbot

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
For some reason the apple earbuds really hurt my ear when I leave them in for about 5 minutes. Also, the only way for my ears to hear any bass from them is to hold them tightly to my ear

same here, i just can't stand them.

phoneskl0.jpg

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
What happens when you plug these modified earphones into another device, ie. Sony PSP, a normal iPod? Does the fact it's got 3 rings on the jack-plug (ie. for the mic) affect anything with non-iPhones?!

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
nope, they work like normal

Cool, thanks.

I just got some Future Sonics Atrio M5s, which are amazing. But, I don't think I'll be able to do this with them, as they don't look to be able to be dismantled?! :-

dscn2328sm7.jpg

dscn2330nv7.jpg

(Not mine, someone elses, mine are in better condition :p)

jimbot

macrumors member
May 3, 2007
Cool, thanks.

I just got some Future Sonics Atrio M5s, which are amazing. But, I don't think I'll be able to do this with them, as they don't look to be able to be dismantled?! :-
(Not mine, someone elses, mine are in better condition :p)

looks like they would come apart around the blue ring. you'd have to feed the wire through that clear tube.

those other headphones on amazon look decent, and not a bad price. i wonder how they sound.

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
The amazon ones do seem cool, but I like the smaller mic/button on the apple cord. I'm sure someone will come out with something better eventually. Everybody and their mothers will be making iphone accessories.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
The amazon ones do seem cool, but I like the smaller mic/button on the apple cord. I'm sure someone will come out with something better eventually. Everybody and their mothers will be making iphone accessories.

I agree too. I'm sure they are working overtime to correct this as they now have 1million+ users with crappy headphones that need replacing :p

Jsingh

macrumors member
May 8, 2007
I really like the Apple in-ear headphones which i use on my iPod, i hope they come out with iPhone specific ones with a mic and click button.

MarceePauff

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Oh, I totally missed this thread and started another to ask about any 3rd party (or in-the-works apple) headphones.

I hate earbuds. :( No matter what brand, they always hurt my delicate little ears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.