Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Edrubin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Anyone Notice that the App Store no longer has "All Free Apps" Link like it used to. Now you can only view "Top" free apps not just see the most recent free apps released. Anyone else annoyed with that?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
hit Top 25 - then Top Free top right ? works for me

other then that i can't remember the other free bit

edit: this is on iPhone app store not iTunes app Store - and your right there used to be a bit at the bottom for all free apps and it's no more

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Anyone Notice that the App Store no longer has "All Free Apps" Link like it used to. Now you can only view "Top" free apps not just see the most recent free apps released. Anyone else annoyed with that?
The three links that let us see all iPhone apps, all iPod Touch apps, and all free apps disappeared over the weekend. Lots of us are hoping that is temporary,

As of late last week, up until the links disappeared, they were only showing new and updates apps from September 15 and earlier. Newer ones were missing, so something else was wrong. I hope that they are just fixing that and will return the links when they have.

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I am furious, as that was the best possible way to search for updated/newly released free apps.

This is basically what's missing, for those who can't remember where the links were.
appstore_free.jpg

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008
The three links that let us see all iPhone apps, all iPod Touch apps, and all free apps disappeared over the weekend. Lots of us are hoping that is temporary,

As of late last week, up until the links disappeared, they were only showing new and updates apps from September 15 and earlier. Newer ones were missing, so something else was wrong. I hope that they are just fixing that and will return the links when they have.

I noticed this too. I hope the bring it back. There is no easy way to see what is new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.