Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Having just got Wunderadio, which is brilliant - never had so many radio stations to choose from - I did wonder, as it is able to stream over 3G/Edge/GPRS as well as wifi, will using it cause my provider to complain about Fair Usage? I'm not sure how using this sort of streaming app will affect data stats. I'd hate for O2 to to have any reason to start limiting my d/l's

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
It depends upon the quality of the stream, but you're probably looking at about 30MB per hour of radio listening on average. Regular EDGE/3G usage could be trouble for you- I have no idea what O2 allows for data usage per month(I'm in the USA).

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks.

Actually, think I answered my own question by reading O2 T&C's ....

"... or use your iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content ..."

Might also explain, noting The Cloud is a partner and mentioned the following sentence, why I couldn't get streaming access to BBC iPlayer while sat in MacD's.

whatanerd

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
I took a step-of-faith and AM VERY PLEASED! It worked. No need to test the URL i posted. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.