Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conshok26

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I purchased WunderRadio because I saw that it would play local stations near me. Every time I play anything on it it starts out fine then after 5+ minutes under the sound bar graph up pop buffering 100/100 and then counts down to 0/100. The only way to get it back is to exit the station and select it again. I've tried it with many other stations on WiFi and 3G and still nothing works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. Are other people having problems?

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I purchased WunderRadio because I saw that it would play local stations near me. Every time I play anything on it it starts out fine then after 5+ minutes under the sound bar graph up pop buffering 100/100 and then counts down to 0/100. The only way to get it back is to exit the station and select it again. I've tried it with many other stations on WiFi and 3G and still nothing works. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. Are other people having problems?

while i dont have that app, i have a similar one called Fstream, which is free and does the same thing you mentioned. Thats why i wont pay for such apps.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008

I've had the issue a few times, but I think it likely has more to do with the way the radio station streams its audio. For instance, if I stream some radio stations directly from the radio station's website, I'll have the same problem - I'll have to close the window and relaunch the stream.

You should e-mail the developer though and see what they tell you. Reply back on here to let us know what you find out, please.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
If this occurs on WiFi then we have a problem. Even 3G should be seamless. Are you skipping ahead many tracks before this occurs?

jhkaplan

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
This happens to me too. On edge, the stream seems to cut out a lot. It can get very frustrating. Sometimes it re-buffers and comes back within a few seconds/minutes, other time it says something about a memory error and it just stops completely. I love the app, but I wish it would work a lot better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.