Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briantology

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
WWDC is mid-June. What are the odds :rolleyes: of Apple releasing an updated version of the Mac Pro before then?

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
And even then the speed of the individual cores probably still wont be as high as 3GHz. I think the current Mac Pro has a lot of leg in it yet, it's quite an optimum balance of power and cores.

Perhaps, though, we could see a revision to include Front Row and/or a complete redesign...

But again, the current Mac Pro is spot on really, certainly no reason to 'hold off' buying.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
I NEED Front Row on the Mac Pro, since it will replace an old Winbloze pc that worked as a media center. I am tired of lugging the wireless keyboard with me everytime I wanna watch Scrubs :)

Octo cores are meh until software is actually written to make use of more than 2 cores anyway (and that will probably be within 4-5 years time of which the octocore will be horribly outdated :p)

tyr2

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2006
Leeds, UK
Leopoard will contain Front Row for all platforms including the Mac Pro, until then I think we'll be out of luck.

Seems a bit of an arbitrary decsion it wasn't there in the first place as it is on the install cd's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.