Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Instead of making a whole new thread you could have just added this to the X-Plane thread :p. Changes? Well there's the list on the app's iTunes page but I've noticed it is very very smooth.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
  1. New in this version Frame-Rates are now about 25% higher!
  2. There is now a calibration screen for the accelerometers.
  3. The interface is a bit higher contrast to make it easier to read.
  4. The interface is re-organized to be a bit more powerful and easy to use.
  5. Instruction reminder in the center of the screen reminds you that you can click anywhere on the screen to invoke view and settings controls.

So, this version is faster, smoother, more flexible, and a bit easier to use... have at it! You really should get this update to further tune your flying experience!

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Whoa. I look toward to getting this update when I get home from work.
25% better frame rates is a huge increase and it's not as if itwas slow to begin with!

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Instead of making a whole new thread you could have just added this to the X-Plane thread :p. Changes? Well there's the list on the app's iTunes page but I've noticed it is very very smooth.

I agree.. Every minor app update doesnt need an entirely new thread.. It really clogs this place up no end.

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
London
sorry guys, I've been over enthusiastic about this great app thus my new thread !
will not do it again I promised ;)

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
It's an impressive and amazing app, no doubt. But after you mess around with it for 10 minutes there is nothing to do.....at all. Not even anywhere to fly to.

Calling it a game is a huge stretch IMO....where is the gameplay?

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
From the first day when I know about X-plane, they only make simulator with out gameplay. So I'm not supprise that the X-plane for iPhone does not have a gameplay in it. It's a simulator :)

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Yeah but even a simulator could give you....somewhere to fly to or something to do. Hopefully that will improve in time.

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
London
hopefully we'll have a "real" update soon with more planes, more options and at least one more airport to fly to....
come one Austin ! bring it on !

GSA190

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
I'm not to much of a airplane sim guy but I really love this game. It feels real. I love this app!!

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I've been a flight simulator fan for some time, and while this app currently lacks "things to do", I'm utterly amazed that the phone can run something like this. I own the app just for occasional tinkering and to show people the power of this phone.

jdylan

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
Bagram, Afghanistan
To each their own

app is utterly boooooring. why anyone drops the high $ on it just baffles me.

Um....because SOME of us are into planes? I also like Railroad Tycoon, from way back in 1990, which everyone else in my family thought was the most boring thing ever. I also happen to really like trains, by the way!

I have a long commute every day, and I find it a good way to unwind, to sit in the car and slowly fly the plane over the mountains, hills, valley...kind of chills me down. To each their own. I myself find Solitaire the most boring thing ever.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
It's one of the best if not the best app I've bought for my iPhone...I don't care about what anyone thinks this is lacking.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
I updated and can no longer control the plane! It just spins out of control until I hit the ground. Anyway I can downgrade :confused:

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
I updated and can no longer control the plane! It just spins out of control until I hit the ground. Anyway I can downgrade :confused:

How many TIMES do you want people to say ??

RESTART YOUR PHONE. If really can't restore your phone.. gosh !! There are thousand of people who bought this app and doesn't have any problem.

And i don't know are you blind anot. It's even written on the app store....

Do you want people to spoon feed you forever ??

Sorry i get quite workup when people keep asking this kind of stupid questions or never do their own research.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 302

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
How many TIMES do you want people to say ??

RESTART YOUR PHONE. If really can't restore your phone.. gosh !! There are thousand of people who bought this app and doesn't have any problem.

And i don't know are you blind anot. It's even written on the app store....

Do you want people to spoon feed you forever ??

Sorry i get quite workup when people keep asking this kind of stupid questions or never do their own research.

Wow...good thing I didn't read your post until now. Otherwise I would have come back with an equally rude comment on how much of a jackass you are on the internet. Must be good for your fragile ego :p

Of course if you had any reading comprehension you would have gotten that the app is not CRASHING. The plane is simply harder to control than in previous versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.