Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
Yeh I remember these, personally I could not do anything but my mate Neil who lived in the room next to me in our shared house in Firswood Manchester (when we were at Salford University, back in the day!), well he was an absolutely astounding player. He completed all the missions, did everything, had all the medals, couldn't fault him. The best! And only a little guy. LOL

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Why does everyone seem to prefer Tie Fighter? I played the hell out of X-wing but never tried Tie Fighter, so I am curious.

XWing- no graphic makover? If I was looking at the right link, it was on the jagged lo-res side.
It is the same games as the ones released 20 years ago, so of course they look old.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
They were nice enough to res-up Marathon. :D
These two games are 20 years old and put in a wrapper by a publisher. Marathon was re-written from the ground up, as an open source program - With "They" you are referring to, being random people around the globe. Two vastly different things..

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
The timing of this is awesome as I was actually looking at copies of TIE Fighter on eBay recently.

Why does everyone seem to prefer Tie Fighter? I played the hell out of X-wing but never tried Tie Fighter, so I am curious.

I only played a little X-wing but I think part of the allure of TIE Fighter was playing as the Empire and getting a different perspective on the SW universe. Plus the story in TF is pretty awesome (or at least it was awesome when I played it 20yrs ago).

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
for some reason, neither of the links are working correctly for me.

I am assuming, even if these are just a re-release, they run on a current Mac OS X.

Is this correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.