Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Ive overclocked my x1600 to about 429 core and 440 mem. Has anyone else overclocked theirs. If so do you think i can go higher than this? Thanks

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

What if any increase have you noticed in games? I have overclocked before but found the gains so marginal it wasnt worth it. You may want to consider that.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
As far as I know it is not possible on the OS X side so it is probably in windows, although maybe I'm wrong.

I've done it too but noticed barely any improvements, so I reverted it to the stock settings. Figured it wasn't worth the risk for barely noticeable improvements, but maybe depending on the game you play it could be worth doing.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Ok cool thanks. I just will go around there slowly. And yes its in windows on an imac.
Yeah, I found my iMac hit the limit on core and memory around 480-490. I've heard other people get over ~500. Mine just couldn't handle it so I didn't push it over 470 MHz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.