Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
A good plan almost worked but I'm an dick so it won't...

Here's the story, I went to Bestbuy today and they had the XBL 12 month card + Vision Camera open box for 50% off so I bought it. I got home and opened it up only to find that whoever bought it before me, bought it, used the 12 month XBL code then GLUED the tab back on to make it look unopened. I could just take it back but since I got it open box they would only refund what I paid for it and ($45) which is $45 short of buying a brand new one.

SO! **** that, I call MS Tech Support and tell them about this. The tech guy takes down the code, puts me on hold for 10 minutes.

When he comes back, he gives me a reference number to give the the Best Buy Customer Support people and says I should get a new 12 Month card. He also said that the offenders XBL account has been disabled and he will be escalating this to his manager to see what they can do to the guy who tried to scam them (and Best Buy)

So now it's off to Best Buy after lunch to see if I actually get a new subscription....

nickster9224

macrumors 6502a
ha good luck w/ them *******s at BB, my uncle who live far away got me a sony card for xmas, the sony software isnt compatible w/mac. I went to BB to return the card and they wouldnt take it back, needless to say BB wont be seeing any of my money anymore.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
^
Thats why the xbox dude gave me the reference number for them to call if there is a problem. Thing is, Best Buy broke the rules since it says on the box "NOT FOR RESALE OR RETURN IF OPENED" and they resold it.

even if I just get my money back, at least I screwed the scammer over.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
> sikkinixx hits scammer for 28 damage.....
> Scammer is pawed!
> sikkinixx hast defeated the Scammer
> sikkinixx receive 68 Karma Points
> sikkinixx hast gained a level

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
srobert said:
> sikkinixx hits scammer for 28 damage.....
> Scammer is pawed!
> sikkinixx hast defeated the Scammer
> sikkinixx receive 68 Karma Points
> sikkinixx hast gained a level

Reminds me of pokemon, except karma points should be experience! And he actually gained a new skill "scam flame lvl7"I think?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Just got back from Best Buy. They gave me a new 12 Month card, but it is the 12+1 Card so I get 13 months.

AND they gave me 25% off for my troubles (after I bitched about having to waste me gas to drive there twice and told them that they aren't supposed to be reselling the cards (the MS tech dude told me that as well as it's on the box).

Grand Total : $38.12 after tax, Full priced retail would have been $101.68 :eek:

:D:D:D Glad work was so slow that I didn;t have to go in today.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Lucky bastage. :p

Congrats to ye sir.

Thank ye kindly. I got my 360 wireless adapter open box for $65 ($130 new) my extra controller open box for $30 ($60 new) and my VGA cables for $25 ($50 new) and now this...I'm kickin ass with my 360 stuff :p

I e-mailed the tech people to say thanks for being so quick and helpful about it and asked what is gonna happen to the guy who scammed them..

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Thank ye kindly. I got my 360 wireless adapter open box for $65 ($130 new) my extra controller open box for $30 ($60 new) and my VGA cables for $25 ($50 new) and now this...I'm kickin ass with my 360 stuff :p

I e-mailed the tech people to say thanks for being so quick and helpful about it and asked what is gonna happen to the guy who scammed them..

Jeez, the 360 gods shine upon you.

I found out I have to go get a new wireless controller, mine refuses to connect to my 360, so I'm hoping I'm as lucky as you are price wise.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
I got 12 months on Amazon with vision cam... for $40 :confused:

Wireless open box for $25

VGA for $15 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.