Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
I just installed Plex and now whenever i open XBMC it resprings me back to the start screen on my apple TV2...ive ssh into the apple tv and tried to update it but it tells me something about mobliesubstrate is an unmet dependency. Whenever I try to manuall install mobilesubstrate it tells me the newest version is already installed...i have no idea what to do...ive tried uninstalling from nitotv and from the nitotv installer so I can just reinstall it but that doesnt work either...im stumped...any suggestions?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
well, if you are using the latest iOS version, I believe XBMC and others still have not been updated to work properly on aTV2

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I just installed Plex and now whenever i open XBMC it resprings me back to the start screen on my apple TV2...ive ssh into the apple tv and tried to update it but it tells me something about mobliesubstrate is an unmet dependency. Whenever I try to manuall install mobilesubstrate it tells me the newest version is already installed...i have no idea what to do...ive tried uninstalling from nitotv and from the nitotv installer so I can just reinstall it but that doesnt work either...im stumped...any suggestions?

Icefilms was crashing over and over again last night on my ATV2, NAVI-X worked fine though....I haven't had time to research the problem yet though.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
I'm kinda new to jail breaking the Apple TV but it there any reason why installing plex would cause Xbmc to crash?...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.